Derby University Students

Derby University students currently access the surgery the same way as all our other patients do. You can find out more information in this section of website. If you are a student at Derby University and live within the Derby City area, please use the following links to register and/or update your details.

If you have previously been our patient and are unsure if you are still registered please complete a change of address form, the practice will contact you if a registration form is needed.

Do I need to register at my old practice when I return home?

If you are returning home for a short time such as Christmas, Summer, Easter break etc but are still a University of Derby student there is no need for you to register at a practice local to your family home. If you need medical attention you can be seen at any local practice as a ‘Temporary Resident’. You can continue to stay registered at The Park Medical Practice University branch for as long as you are University of Derby student. Once you have left University you will need to register at your local GP practice, even if you have not left the Derby area.

Join our Patient Participation Group (PPG)

The Park Medical Practice welcome all patients to join our PPG but are particularly looking for representation from 20 to 35 years old. If you are thinking of a career in health or social care, being part of a PPG can help with your job applications. Please contact Susan May – Chair of the PPG on or click here for more information.