- Patients over 55 years of age in Derby can self-refer for audiology / hearing tests by contacting any of these local audiology service providers
Consent forms and information on minor procedures performed at the surgery
- Consent form for aspiration
- Consent form for curretage
- Consent form for excision of skin lesion
- Consent form for hyfrecation
- Consent form for Incision and Drainage
- Consent form for punch biopsy
- Patients who have had Covid19 may still be experiencing various side-effects and symptoms of the condition after many months since contracting the virus – so called “long covid”.
- As you find yourself recovering from COVID-19 you may still be coming to terms with the impact the virus has had on both your body and mind. These changes should get better over time, some may take longer than others, but there are things you can do to help.
- Your COVID Recovery helps you to understand what has happened and what you might expect as part of your recovery.
- This post-covid19 patient information pack contains some useful information and support for managing these symptoms.
- More information on further help and support during the Covid19 pandemic can be found on our website – follow this link to our “Support during Covid19” section.
We get many patients requesting help with dental problems. Please note that GPs are not indemnified for providing dental care, and all dental problems should be dealt with by the dental service.
It is important that patients with diabetes are aware of what to do when they are ill, in order to maintain good diabetic control and to prevent Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA), which is a dangerous and serious complication of diabetes. Click here to find more about DKA.
Diazepam prescriptions for fear of flying
- Following a review of safety alerts, we no longer prescribe sedatives such as Diazepam for fear or phobias of flying. Please read this leaflet for more information.
Medicines patient information leaflets
Mental Health & Wellbeing
Below are links to various local resources for help and support for mental health. There is also a link for our Park Run, which aims to promote better health and general wellbeing through physical exercise.
- Counselling – new services
- PMP Help & Advice leaflet
- Mental Health Support Line Mental health support is now available to Derbyshire residents of all ages through a new mental health support line. Call 0300 790 0596 between the hours of 9am and midnight, seven days a week.
- Derby and Derbyshire Emotional Health and Wellbeing
- Every Mind Matters
- Trent PTS
- Vita Health group
- Talking Mental Health Derbyshire
- Park Medical Practice Oakwood Surgery Park Run information
MSK Patient information leaflets
- Cauda Equina Syndrome red flags safety netting card
- Steroid injection information leaflet
- Ankle exercises
- Exercises for back pain
- Hip pain exercises
- Knee pain exercises
- Neck pain exercises
- General exercises for osteoarthritis
- Shoulder exercises
- Trochanteric bursitis or lateral hip pain exercises
- General exercises to help manage pain
Rheumatology DMARDs Patient information leaflets
- Azathioprine PIL
- Ciclosporin PIL
- D-Penicillamine PIL
- Hydroxychloroquine PIL
- Leflunomide PIL
- Methotrexate PIL
- Sulfasalazine PIL