These are standards that we set within the practice for the benefit of you – our patients. Following discussion with you, you will be treated by suitably qualified staff and given the best care. No care or treatment will be given without your consent. It is important that you understand all the information that you are given – if in doubt please ask.
We are committed in providing the best service that we can to everyone. This means that we will endeavour to treat all patients as individuals and with the respect that they deserve. We try to answer the telephone promptly; try to ensure that waiting times are kept to a minimum, and that patients have access to the health care that is needed in a timely manner.
In order for us to achieve this we need your help as well. Please let us know if you change any of your contact details – all of this information is of course treated confidentially.
Wherever possible all of the staff will do our utmost to safeguard your health and act as your advocate in times of illness. Please treat us with politeness and respect at all times. If you are abusive or repeatedly miss appointments you are likely to be removed from our list. Any acts of violence will be reported to the police.
Help us to help you
To help us provide you with the best care we can please:
- Arrive on time for your appointments. If you are late, you may be asked to re-book!
- Always cancel an appointment, if it is no longer required, so that another patient can use it.
- Treat all staff with courtesy.
- If you only need a repeat prescription. Please do not make an appointment, unless asked to do so.
- If you have more than one problem to discuss. Please prioritise them and let the receptionist know at the time of booking, so they can book your appointments appropriately.
- Try to dress in clothes that can be easily removed to facilitate examination.
- Try to attend the surgery, rather than ask for a home visit, wherever possible.