CHAT HEALTH – For advice and support about health related issues including Sleep / Introducing Solids / Toileting / Breastfeeding / Behaviour
- Advice for Parents and Carers in Derby City
- For young people aged 0-19 Text 07507 327754 Response Time: Within 24 hours, 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
- Advice for Parents in Derbyshire County
- For children aged 0-5 Text 07507 327769 Response Time: Within 24 hours, 9am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
CHAT HEATLH – Text for confidential advice and support including Healthy Eating / Bullying / Smoking / Alcohol / Mental Health / Relationship
- Advice for Teens in Derby City
- For Young people aged 11-19 Text 07507 327104 Response Time: Within 24 hours 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
- Advice for Teens in Derbyshire County
- For young people aged 11-19 Text 07507 330025 Response Time: Within 24 hours, 9am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
Mental health/Child abuse
Text messaging advice so that both young people and parents and carers living in Derby city can get confidential health advice and support.
Young minds Parents helpline – Worried about a child or young person? Call our free helpline for confidential, expert advice.
Young Minds Talking to your child about Coronavirus
Childline is available for children and young people to reach out for help and support by phone or using their online chat service. They also provide specific guidance for young people on how to get help and what to do if they are worried about a friend.
The NSPCC has issued guidance for spotting and reporting the signs of abuse on their website.
Caring Safely at home Unpaid Carer – resource to help people look after someone safely at home.
Advice for children who are unwell not with COVID19
ICON Advice and information to families for coping with crying of babies.
Let’s talk Loneliness – All of us can experience loneliness at some point in our lives. It’s time we started talking about it.
Action for children – Are you or your child lonely
What is cyberbullying? – NSPCC – Advice for parents and carers to help keep children safe from bullying online.
Netaware – NSPCC – Reviews of the most popular apps, games and social media platforms that children use, providing useful information and advice for parents on how appropriate they are and any potential risks to be aware of.
Online safety guidance – Thinkuknow – A useful resource website for children, parents and teachers, focused on internet safety.
‘Under the Same Sky’ bedtime story – Cbeebies – If your child is finding it hard being apart from friends and family, they may find this story and its message comforting
Tips for good sleep during the coronavirus pandemic. – Sleep tips for families
Good sleep hygiene checklist – ADHD Foundation – Help for children with ADHD, can be helpful for all children
Chat Health – Advice and support for children 0-5 years