We pride ourselves as a practice in providing healthcare at the highest standards, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened. The practice has a formal complaints procedure which will allow us to look into and, if necessary, correct any problems that you have identified, or mistakes that have been made. Please note that we have to respect our duty of confidentiality to patients and a patient’s consent will be necessary if a complaint is not made by the patient in person. Further information is available in leaflet form.
Please ask at reception or download the leaflet below.
You can also email your complaint: [email protected]
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.
You can find officers from PALS in your local hospital
PALS can give you information about:
- the NHS
- the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint
- support groups outside the NHS
PALS also help to improve the NHS by listening to your concerns and suggestions.
If you’re not happy with an NHS service, you can make a complaint. You should complain to the person or organisation providing the service first, such as the GP, dentist, hospital or pharmacist. Alternatively, you can complain to the commissioner of that service
Visit NHS website at NHS PALS INFORMATION
POhWER is the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service
POhWER NHS Complaints Advocacy Service is here to help you to make a complaint about your NHS care or treatment
NHS Complaints Advocacy is free, confidential and independent of the NHS.
Contact POhWER : Support centre is open Monday to Friday from 8am – 6pm.
Visit their Website: http://www.pohwer.net/
Download a POhWER leaflet NHS Complaints Advocacy leaflet
- Telephone 0300 200 0084 (charged at local rate)
- Minicom 0300 456 2364
- Text – Send the word ‘pohwer’ with you name and number to 81025
- Email [email protected]
- Skype pohwer.advocacy (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday)
- Fax 0300 456 2365
- Post PO Box 14043, Birmingham, B6 9BL
NHS England welcomes concerns, compliments and complaints as valuable feedback that will help us learn from your experiences and make improvements to services we commission.
You can complain or give feedback:
- By post to: NHS England PO Box 16738 Redditch B97 9PT
- By email to: [email protected] (If you are making a complaint please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line)
- By telephone: 0300 311 22 33 (Our opening hours are: 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, except Wednesdays when we open at the later time of 9.30am. We are closed on bank holidays)